Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Adairs Summer Vacation






























This past week my sister Beth and three of her kids ,Shelby, Bethany and Seth came to visit. They drove all the way here from Arizona by themselves. We had so much fun. We hiked every day. We got pedicures, shopped, got massages and went sight seeing. Chase had the high adventure camp out for the scouts so he took Chase, Seth and Sim camping for the week. We kept really busy, but it was still relaxing. We went to Seattle and saw the Space Needle and Pikes Market and we ate at the Crab Cooker. On Monday we hiked down to the falls and swam in the river. Tuesday we went to the Temple and then to the beach and hung out. We took the girls school shopping on Wednesday, and got the boys off on there camp out. Thursday we did more shopping. Friday we made hair flowers and got massages. Every day we hiked, and one day we made it to the top of Cougar Mountain and they had a sign that said they where doing a half marathon trail run on Saturday. We decided we should try it. I know that I am about to deliver my baby and it was a crazy idea, but we wanted to do it. Saturday Beth, Shelby and I got up early and went off for our half marathon. None of us had trained we just always run so figured we would be fine. Now I knew that I would not go into labor because nothing puts me into labor, and I mean nothing! I even have more proof now. I was not planning on doing the whole thing I was going to run about 2-3 miles and then just turn around. That is what I did, however about 1/2 mile into it I tripped and landed hard. Everyone around me was freaking out, besides scratching up my leg I was fine, I didn't even get any contractions, and was able to continue running. Beth and Shelby finished the whole thing. Beth said it was almost harder than her marathons, because it was all up a mountain in rough terrain. You had to constantly watch where you were going or you would eat it. Maybe next time I can do the whole thing. It was a good week and it kept my mind off of being pregnant.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! beth looks more like a sister than the mom to her girls! how fun that they drove out to visit you and you guys did so much fun stuff!

that's crazy you were gonna run the 1/2 marathon. and a huge bummer you bit it. that's totally lame.

you look great!

what a fun week!

jes said...

it looks like you all had a lot of fun ...about the run... you are crazy but in the best possible way!

Amy said...

So fun. Drew and I can't wait to come and visit you. Great job sewing Hannah- so cute. You're sister is so lucky to have you! We love you guys.

mommy k said...

you crazy runner ding dong...but, seriously, i will come do it with you next year!!! it will give me a goal and an excuse to come to seattle.

Tiffany said...

Ali you are crazy. It looks like you guys had so much fun.