Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gideon's 8th Birthday and Baptism

Gid is such a sweet boy. He comes across as so shy, however if you know him he is crazy! He is not a talker, he likes short one word answers for everything. He is a big strong kid, but very soft and tender hearted. A funny story about Gid. Last year Sim started wrestling for the first time. I thought it would be fun to take all the boys to watch. We where sitting there in the bleachers and I just glanced over to check on everyone. I noticed Gid was turned around backwards with his head down in his lap. I asked him what was wrong and he was crying. He said " why would they do that, I never want to wrestle!" Gid loves to do art and help with any work that you are doing. It is the best time to talk to him, you can get him to open up the most when he is working with you. Gid got baptized yesterday on November 9th. It was a big baptism, there where 9 other kids getting baptized that day. When they had the kids stand as they introduced them he was so shy he looked down put his hand in the air did a little wave and sat down. Also when he was getting baptized he didn't want to plug his nose, he said he didn't need to do that, so he put his hand on his chest instead. It was such a sweet day. Gideon is a soft shy kid but is a LION of a spirit! We love our sweet little Giddy!

2 comments:

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I have followed your blog for years now, and I Cant believe how much your little ones have grown.. where does the time go!!!

Ps, you still need to blog about your new house, and do a house photo tour, because I am about to re decorate, and need your ideas LOL
heidi

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I have followed your blog for years now, and I Cant believe how much your little ones have grown.. where does the time go!!!

Ps, you still need to blog about your new house, and do a house photo tour, because I am about to re decorate, and need your ideas LOL
heidi