Monday, December 15, 2008

White Christmas































Since we will be in Arizona for Christmas we decided to do our Christmas presents from mom and dad here. We decided to do it on Saturday because we are going to be so busy this week getting ready to come home. Santa is still going to bring the kids a few things to Arizona on Christmas day. It was one of the best Christmas's ever. It was so stress free and laid back. Friday night we had some friends over and had pizza fondue, which is what my family has always done on Christmas eve. So it was a perfect fake Christmas eve. Saturday morning we opened presents. The rest of the day the kids just played quietly and laid around the house. In the afternoon I was upstairs getting ready to go out on a date with Chase. I heard all of this yelling and screaming. I thought the house was burning down or someone broke something. I came running down to figure out that it had started snowing and they were so excited they were screaming. We had given the kids snow bibs and sleds for Christmas they had them on in 30 seconds and were out the door. They don't understand to sled the snow has to build up. It was hilarious. It was a perfect ending to our little Christmas. Through the night it continued to snow and we have a little bit. It is below freezing tempetures all week and more snow to come. Even though there is snow and it is about 20 degrees the sun is shining so brightly. It is beautiful!

9 comments:

Heath694 said...

Adorable pictures. It looks like you had a fantastic time. It's fun how much fun the kids have when it snows. My kids were also bouncing off the walls Saturday!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Looks like a good Christmas! I love the kids out in shorts!

jes said...

great pictures!

Heaton's said...

How fun for you guys, you can't beat snow on Christmas.

Shannon said...

How fun! I think it would be so fun to have snow on Christmas!

Jenna said...

That is so awesome! I love how some of the boys are in shorts and no shoes. That would be my boys!!! It looks like they had fun with their presents!!!

Auburn said...

Ali, You amaze me. I can't decorate one tree and you have 2 looking perfect. Even your presents match your room!I know you guys are coming here, but I wanted to get your address to send you a Christmas card there. E-mail me it when you get a sec at auburng@cox.net. Hopefully we'll see you soon...

Ali said...

My mom called me the other day to tell me they had snow and I thought of you guys. I bet your kids thought it was the coolest! We have family that moved up to Flagstaff this year and we were thinking about going up over Christmas break. When we were up for Thanksgiving the kids were disappointed it didn't snow. They don't remember ever seeing snow in their whole life (they were little). Too funny! I laughed so hard when I read about the screaming, I can just picture it. LOL

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

What a fun Christmas snow and all! I would love to do that since Christmas Day is so hectic having to go to two different families. I love your two Christmas trees!!! They made me smile Ü.