Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sam is One month old













Time has flown by in some ways and gone so slow in other ways. I can't believe it is already a month since I had him. Sam really is the best baby ever. I always get good babies, but he is the best by far. I think Heavenly Father new if I was going to do it again I needed a lot of help. I have been able to nurse Sam which has been a huge blessing. I have struggled with nursing ever since I had Sol my 4th. I usually have to supplement and pump. I have not had to do either with Sam. He also sleeps from 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. During the day he nurses non stop but going through the night is a huge reward. Sam already smiles and looks around. He weighs about 9 and a half pounds and is about 22 inches long. I really struggle after I have a baby. I keep to such a strict feeding schedule and nap routine that I don't have time for anything else. I still have three kids in diapers and three kids that still depend heavily on me taking care of them. It is always really difficult to find the balance between it all. Now with older kids that I have to drive and pick up from everywhere it is a lot harder to have a baby. We decided that Sam was our last. I know that I could not do it again. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life! From the outside people think i have a lot of kids, because it is easy for me. It is the complete opposite. I struggle with being pregnant to giving birth to raising and taking care of them. Even though We know that Sam is the last, it still makes me sad. So when I feel like i need to clean the house or go to the store or exercise. I have to remind myself he is only this little for such a short period of time. All of that other stuff can wait. So I seem to find myself most of the time laying on the couch with him snuggled on my chest all day long. Soon I will be out of the infant stage for ever.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love you Ali. You are an amazing mother. I agree with you 100% that we have to cherish every second. They grow up so fast. We miss you guys and we can't wait to meet Sam!

Jill said...

Amen Sister. They grow so fast and before you know it they will all be in school, on missions or married. You are a great mom and you have wonderful children. James is missing Chase, they are such good boys. Love your baby and enjoy every minute. The house can wait!!!!

Ali said...

Oh, Ali... congratulations on your sweet new baby boy. Yes, cherish every second and try not to feel guilty if your house is messier than normal. And you know what, while you may struggle with each step (pregnancy, birth, raising, etc.), you make it look easy and are an inspiration to those around you. Know that by doing your best you are inspiring others to do and be their best. Your family is beautiful! Congratulations again!

jes said...

he is beautiful! i love the picture of his little feet and him in the basket! i am glad that you finally got a moment to update. and that you had a good mothers day and anniversary. love and miss you

Brad and Caroline Ray said...

Hi Ali! I am so happy for you. I am happy that you are cherishing every minute. I would probably hold my baby all day long, too. Live it up!