Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chason Anderson Hawkins








I can not believe that my first little baby is eleven years old.Chase is the best kid I have ever met.Since the day he was born he has been my best little helper. When (big)Chase was giving him his name and blessing he blessed him that he would be my best friend and that he would always be a help to me, and he always has.By the time I was pregnant with my 4th baby (he was 4) he could feed the kids lunch and get them to nap,change diapers,clean, anything that I needed he could help me with.Now that he is older he could pretty much raise them all on his own.With Chase working in Seattle he is constantly stepping in to help. The other day when I was writing his bday card I was sitting there thinking about what to say, and he was cooking the kids dinner.I don't know many 11 year old that could or would do that on their own without being asked.He is also such a sweet and righteous young man. I don't know how I got blessed with such amazing spirits.He is sweet but strong all at the same time.He is a great leader and example to me and all of his siblings. He always tries to do his best and what is right.I am thankful for him .I love him. And he is so darn cute!

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

he sounds like such an awesome son! and best firstborn you could ask for! sweet post! he is too cute!

Happy Birthday CHASE!

Sarah Hawkins said...

I love Hannah's haircut in that last picture! So cute!

jes said...

that post made me cry ali, i see what a huge help he is, and what a great kid he is.

Jill said...

I must agree with you Chase is an amazing young man. We will miss him playing at our home. He has been a good example to my son.

Jenna said...

The last picture I totally remember them that little. He looks just like Giddy, and Hannah was perfect. They look so cute. I agree Chase is the like perfect oldest child. You are lucky. I see some 11 years old that would never help like that!!!