Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Day Of School











Yesterday was the first day of school. I can't believe summer is already over!Chase started middle school (6th grade)Hannah is in 4th grade,Sim is a second grader,and last but not least Solly started all day kindergarten.I was nervous for Sol to go all day. I did not know how he would do at lunch and finding his way around but so far so good.I had to go help Chase get his schedule fixed,it was all messed up he didn't even have lunch allotted in his day.They also had him signed up for band.I tried to change it and they said the kids have two choices for there art elective one is band the other is dance he chose band.I think it is ridiculous!He takes early morning orchestra at the high school for a grade and they wont except that as that elective.So we have to get him another instrument.They are only aloud to have p.e. for one quarter and they have to do this stupid artsy stuff for a semester. It is ridiculous.His dad is not to happy about it either.Ben started preschool at my neighbors house next door,it is really nice and convenient.I always can't Waite for school to start and I enjoy myself for about two days and then I am bored.I just like being busy and having noise and people around.I only have three kids left at home and when Ben is at school I only have two.I can't remember the last time when I only had that many kids home all day.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Hey Ali - cute pics - back to school already, can you believe it? Glad you got the schedule worked out, how crazy. Jacob is doing dance - he decided not to do band - and he's not happy about it either. The only thing that is keeping him "looking forward" is the production thing, which he has 4th quarter. You know what will be really sad? When the babies go to school. I can't even think of it. BTW - if you get bored, come over to my house and decorate! :)

Sarah Hawkins said...

How fun that they started school! Summer did go fast! I think we saw you guys like twice, how sad! Hope to see you soon!

Crazymamaof6 said...

AH! lucky! i still have a few days left. and i worry for the first few days when school starts then relax and do fun stuff. with only a couple kids home. bummer chase has band. that is a crazy rule.

the kids looked cute! congrats on back to school!
i'll have only 2 home full time now. it's SO low key.

Jill said...

Your 4 oldest kids look so big in those pictures. That is strange they wouldn't work with you on Chase schedule. James said he and Chase are not in one class together. He was kinds bumbed.

Leah said...

I can't believe school started already!! They all looked so cute on their first day back! Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you who you were taking Ben to for preschool. I am still trying to get something lined up for jace when we get back. Any suggestions???

Trish said...

Okay. As a mother of violin players who are currently in band at school, I know somthing of this music frustration... What is the deal?! Hopefully you won't have to worry about this in Seattle.