Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nanny and Papa come to visit
















Last week Nanny and Papa came to visit.We had a lot of fun. We did a lot of exploring and eating. We found some fabulous restaurants and places and things to do.There first day here we found a hamburger joint named XXX Root bear. Chase ordered a hamburger and had know idea it was going to be the size of a Frisbee. However he ate the whole thing, thinking if he did he would get his brother Brady to come up and visit,to challenge him.(hopefully it works) We enjoyed the place so much that we had to take all the kids back there before they left.Lonnie and I did a bunch of gardening. We planted all of my bulbs for spring and some other flowers and weeded.The yard looks so much better.Thanks for the help Papa. One day I went running and exactly 2 miles from our home I found a beach at lake Sammamish, it is so beautiful.There where parks and grass a picnic tables and sand and boats to rent.I think we will spend most of our summer there.We took the kids back to see it. I think it is going to be great. We had a lot of fun, and we are going to miss them, but they will be back up here next month for Simeons baptism.

12 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a fun hamburger place. and whoohoo for finding a nearby beach. the trees looked lovely!
whoohoo for gardening help too!

Jenna said...

It looks perfect there..............I wish it was me!

Anne said...

I grew up at Lake Samm. State Park and run cross-country races there in high school. When we were there last summer for those three months, we stayed right near there and loved going to the park to explore and play on that exact same playset!! Such a small world I am finding. Have you met the Knudsons and the Beans in your ward? I know you have because they know you, they told me about it. We grew up with both of those guys! crazy.

Sarah Hawkins said...

I am glad it was a great visit! We hope to come visit at some point!

Jill said...

I love all the new scenery! It is such a different world than Arizona neighborhoods. Our neighborhood is so different without your family. Thanks for your email and address. james wants to send Chase a package soon.

jes said...

how pretty are those trees! lily and i hope to visit soon.

Jess said...

ali I am on the phone with tiffany she's freaking out, because her computer has died!!This means she can't get on it to soo your blog, or get your number or address. So call her shes freaking out.

Kira said...

It looks beautiful. How fun to actually have seasons!!

Shannon said...

How fun! I'm sure you guys were so excited to get visitors! It looks like it is so pretty there. I am so jealous! I love when you can enjoy all the seasons.

mommy k said...

we took a poll and decided that we would like more pictures of your house and how you decorated! miss you! -kimber

The Curtis Family said...

Hey Ali - We miss you guys!

Sol has turned into a superhero in his absence. Fisher cannot stop talking about him. "My friend Sol used to do this... my friend Sol had that... My friend Sol knew this."

I'm glad to hear everyone is adjusting well, and that you didn't have to put your stuff in storage!

And are you kidding me with those pictures? I can't believe how beautiful it is. You are so lucky.

Happy belated birthday too.

Katie

staceygriff said...

in the summer a bunch of of the mom's get together every Wednesday at either Sammamish state park or another park called Vasa. We take the kids and lunch and hang out for a few hours. It's a lot of fun, the kids play and the mom's talk. Your kids will love it.