Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation





















Monday morning Chase and I got up and went on a bike ride.While on the ride I decided I wanted to go on vacation with out the kids.We came home and called our family and found somewhere for all of them to stay.Chase,Sol and Gid went to Nanny and Papa's house.Hannah and Sim went to Aunt Tamara and uncle Jason's house.Last but not least Ben went to Aunt Jessica's house.We are so thankful that we have family members that would take our children. All of the kids had lots of fun with all of there cousins.We started packing around 10;00a.m. and we left our house around 12:00 to drop off all of our kids and be on our way.We decided to go to Durango Colorado. I had gone there as a kid and it was one of my favorite vacations and I had not been back since.It was beautiful.There is so much stuff to do there, River rafting,hiking,mountain biking,Ride the train,Shopping,Hot springs, Alpine slide at Telluride Ski resort and a lot of little towns and things to sight see.It is only about a seven hour drive so it is not that bad.We took the baby with us,because he was still nursing but he quit while we were on the trip.It always makes me sad when they decide to quit.Any way, there were some things we couldn't do because we had the baby but we still had a lot of fun.We decided we need to bring our kids back ,they would love it.The weather was also beautiful,the high was about 80 and it would get down to 60 at night and every afternoon it would storm and rain.It was a fun relaxing time.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Hi Alli! I was just checking out some of the ward blogs and saw yours. I had to comment on the cute pics you have posted. I was laughing out loud with the picture of you and Chase and baby on the back in the background crying. Classic! Looks like you two had a good time. I was wondering if you were still moving and how that was going for you?

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome vacation! yay for family that can help out! looks fabulous!

jes said...

beautiful pictures... makes me want to move to co. i am glad that you guys were able to go and that you had a good time.

Leah said...

I will be back in AZ third week of Aug. sometime. I can't believe school is starting that soon. I am sad that you guys are moving but I hope you are able to sell soon so you can all be together. It's probably not easy being away from Chase. It looks like you get to see eachother often though? Hope to see ya soon! (or not!)

Tam said...

Glad you guys had so much fun. We had a great itme with Hannah and Sim. Next time we'll take Ammon too :) He looks cut ein the back pack though!

Trish said...

Hey, Ali! I found your blog! It's me, Trish (Patterson) Kobialka. Looks like a wonderful trip! How beautiful!

Shannon said...

What a fun get away for you and Chase! I love Colorado. It is so pretty there. We went there one time when I was a kid and I remember it was alot of fun!