Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day




























We took a quick trip to the ocean for the 4th of July. We went to Ocean City here in Washington. It was about a 2 1/2 hour drive. We wanted to camp on the beach but everything was full. So we found a hotel right on the water that only ;had one room left. We always get two rooms. They asked how many kids we had and Chase said one,so they would let us have the room. It turned out fine, and we had a lot of fun. The Ocean here is FREEZING! I put my feet in for a minute and my bones hurt it was so cold. I spent most of the time wrapped in a blanket on the beach. It was not what I was imagining, I was thinking of all of our trips to Cali. and how nice and warm it was. It was nothing like that. The other weird thing is you just drive onto the beach and park on the sand, and cars can drive any where they want. You can also light fires where ever when ever and set off your own fireworks. We made a pit and cooked hamburgers, hot dogs and roasted smores, that was my favorite part. We drove home the afternoon of the 4th and I had made a bunch of treats that we didn't eat on the trip so we had a little party.It was a lot warmer back home than at the ocean. It was a good time though.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ADORABLE # shirts Ali!
love 'em. i totally # my kids. and make them count off. to make sure i have everyone in the car and when we go places.

SUPER FUN!

sounds horribly cold. and less fun.
but cute treats. and fun flags on the beach.

Ali said...

Hey Ali - I enjoyed your 4th of July post. From what I hear, this year was perfect weather for WA! Are you finding that you guys are enjoying WA yet or are you just enduring it? If you get a chance, you should drive out and take the kids to see the rain forest on the penninsula. It's like a completely different world. Glad you guys are doing great, and your baby bump is so cute!

Shannon said...

Your trip looks like fun even though it was so cold! So sorry I missed the shower, I have a gift for you. I brought it over to Jessica the night we were leaving and no one was home, so I need your address to send it to you. HOpe you are doing well!