Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hair Flowers















I learned how to make a new kind of hair flower out of fabric and I love them! It is so much easier to find fabric to match clothes then it is to find a fake flower. They are also softer. I also think they are easier to make. I am posting this for my niece Chelsea she wants to so them and try to make them. You just need a synthetic fabric like acetate or polyester. You can get the kinds that look like silk or satin, If it is not synthetic it does not work. Cut out about 5-7 circles in varying sizes. Hold over a candle to melt edges. The fabric will start to melt and fold up like a petal. Than put it together like the fake flowers. I like to use netting in between the petals. Add a cute center and a clip and your done. I would also say to be careful with the fire.

9 comments:

Heaton's said...

All the flowers are so cute!I really like all of them. If it were only as easy as you make it sound. Emma is such a Cutie!!

Jenna said...

I am totally going to make these! Where do you get the
tool with holes that big? Emma is perfect. She's so big now. I hope your next 2 are girls. She needs sisters and who wouldn't want more babies that look like her???

Jenna said...

I meant netting

Leah said...

Funny, I just barely posted about some fabric flowers I made last week. But I LOVE yours!! Thanks for the idea, I am gonna get right on that!!

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful!

marshall and chelsea said...

Thanks the flowers are so cute!!! I can't wait to make some!

Crazymamaof6 said...

darling! i wanna make some too now. Jes told me you posted how to make them. super excited to try it!

Mama T said...

super cute. you and my dear friend erin have alot in common. check out her etsy shop, Wrapped In Clover. www.wrappedinclover.etsy.com
hope you're well!

Alli grins said...

You always amaze me, Miss Ali! These are adorable and I bet your girls love them. Emma is getting so big and is such a Hawkins. You can tell where she belongs!