Monday, May 17, 2010

Mothers Day and our 14th Anniversary








This year Mothers Day fell on our Anniversary. When this happens I always feel jipped. I feel like instead of having to special days I just get it rolled into one. I had a great mothers day, I just feel like our anniversary was over shadowed.

The kids brought me breakfast in bed, powdered donuts and sugar free hot chocolate. I think it is a funny combination, seeing that the donuts are covered in sugar and the fact that they are donuts. The kids made me a bunch of cards and coupons. on Saturday we all went to the nursery and I picked out a bunch of flowers to plant on the front porch. They also got me a chair to sit in, so I can watch them play outside. They where so excited to get me a topsy turvey tomatoe and strawberry planter.

I am so thankful for all that my family did for me, and how they made my day special. I really would be nothing without them. I love being a mom. It is my purpose in this life. In this day and age when woman have so many roles and responsibilities, and when the label of "housewife" "mother" is looked down upon. I find joy, contentment, satisfaction in my role as a mom. It is the greatest calling on earth. There is nothing more important than to raise children. They are a great blessing to me. I really don't know what I would do if I wasn't a mother.

I am so thankful also for my husband. Without him and his support I couldn't do it. He is a great man. Not many men would want or help with such a big family. Whenever people ask me how I do it. I always say "Chase helps a lot and without him I couldn't do it." Chase being the oldest of seven, has always been a big help. He always helped his mom and from a tiny age was helping and learning how to take care of a family. i am so grateful he, has his parents who are such great examples. I can't believe we have been married for 14 years! It does not seem possible that we are this old! It seems like yesterday that we met and where married. I am so lucky that I have Chase. He is my best friend, or in his words "I am his girlfriend." He loves to tell the boys that because it gets them all embarrassed, especially Sol.

5 comments:

Heaton's said...

Happy Anniversary! I know how you feel, I feel jipped too when my Birthday falls on Mothers Day. Thats why I except presents all month long!!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Ali, I am so glad to read this post, about raising a large family and being a mom! I've had a few people be critical of us having our 5th and I often wonder if you got the same thing. You guys are the cutest family. :)

Mama T said...

of course you felt jipped. your kids far outweigh chase. i think you're amazing & i'm so glad you're happily married and happily mothering :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

happy anniversary and Mothers day. love what you said about being a mom. and that Chase is such a good husband to you.

i'd feel jipped too. i hate combined holidays. it's just fun to celebrate twice and 2 in one days are less delightful. you should do an extra anniversary day observed. ;) you look super hot as always.

mommy k said...

all i want to know is if the tomato topsy turvy works?????