Thursday, April 17, 2008

Moving

The past week or so has been very interesting for our family. Chase was offered a job in Seattle. We weren't really looking for anything, a recruiter came to him and he decided to interview. we really did'nt think much of it.A couple of days later he was offered the job.He said he needed the weekend to think about it.So we thought and prayed about it, and decided it was what we needed to do.It seems whenever you are content in your life it is time for a change, even if it's not what you want. I love my home and neighborhood.We have great friends here and our family.It is going to be difficult to leave.We are very excited Seattle is one of the prettiest places on earth. We couldn't be going to a more opposite place than here. We are all very excited . I am very scared.I have grown up here and have never really lived away.I am not outgoing, and it scares me that I will not know anybody. It will be fun and exciting but at the same time hard, we will miss everybody!Chase starts May 5th. I will be staying here till our house sells and until schools out.Chase has been traveling a lot for his job,but it is going to be hard to try to sell the house without him.Hopefully it will go fast so we don't have to be apart for to long.

8 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

are you flipping kidding me? is this a late April fools Joke? NO WAY! that is crazy! holy cow Ali! exciting news but OH My gosh! that is a huge cahnge. and to have to sell alone here. NOT FUN! we did that(him gone, me selling the house) when we moved to Yuma, and Yuma is not Seattle. SO FAR AWAY!and cold and wet! yeah lovely and green but man, CHILLY! and dark. i need the SUN! wow Ali! we'll have to get together more before you move so far away. at least you blog now so we can keep up. but still insane. I'm so sad! you'll do awesome , and get more outgoing. you'll have to. you'll do great, the kids will love the change. and just think NO BISHOPRIC! whoohoo on that!

Sarah Hawkins said...

I have been waiting for this post! So sad, Bum is going to be so sad!

Shannon said...

Crazy! I agree with you, whenever we think our life is going great, something will come up to throw us for a loop! You will love it and do great! Guys step dad moved there shortly after his first wife died for work and some of his kids still live there. They love it! Nobody there knows you are not outgoing, so just trick them all! Good Luck!

jes said...

i have been waiting for this post as well... you will be greatly missed, but you already know that. now you will have to blog on a regular basis. lily will be so sad, she will miss beans so much.

Crazymamaof6 said...

I AM SO SAD!

yeah i know we never get together, but the option was always there. and NOW? SNIFF! so sad!

and i agree with shannon , FAKE IT 'TIL YOU MAKE IT! outgoing is a choice. i fake it all the time. TRUTH!

Jenna said...

It will be perfect there, and I think you will love the place. I am excited for you but I am sad. I was sad when I moved from you guys and I knew it would never be the same again. I think you will be back one day though. You will totally make friends. Once they see you have seven kids, are twig skinny, and always a clean house, they will totally think you are SuperWoman I know it. You are such a good friend and I will totally miss you. So hopefully we can do some stuff before you leave.

Angela said...

Wow Ali! I was totally shocked to read that. Seattle! Wow! I think you will LOVE it there. It's so beautiful and you will meet new friends (I agree with Shannon and Julie, nobody knows you, you can be whoever you want to be). I think it will be wonderful. I know I never see you, but now I really won't see you. Glad you started a blog!!
Ange

Anne said...

Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING more to help you guys! Anymore info about Washington, help with the house or kids while Chase is gone, etc etc. I mean it. You are a great family who will be missed!! I am excited for you to start your adventure, and my sister is up there looking for friends right now too.. I'll hook you guys up!