Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Eve













For Christmas Eve we followed our usual traditions. We had our own breakfast cookie party. For dinner we made steak instead of prime rib, but made all the other sides we usual have, horseradish carrots, smokey cheesy potatoes and a layered jello in honor of Tamara. Every Christmas Eve we get new pajamas, we opened them as usual but for a special prize I made all of the kids a gingerbread man. I make the kids something every year for Christmas, it is my favorite part of the gift giving. I have a gingerbread man from when I was a little girl. Every year when we get out the decorations all the kids fight over "gingy" So I decided to make them there own. They loved them. It is funny the kind of things they really like. It may have been there favorite part of Christmas. After that for the nativity we watched an old one we had made on video a few years ago. It was an enjoyable evening, but we really missed our families down in Arizona. The traditions were not the same without all of the people to share them with.

2 comments:

jes said...

very fun! and every thing and one looks super cute...love the ginger- bread men

Jenna said...

I want to start making my kids something. I think I'll start that. Emma is so cute. She reminds me a lot of Gid. I think you need a few more sisters for her:-). You are so skinny already too. I'd be huge still.