Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gingerbread Party































The day the kids got out of school we let them all invite some friends over and we decorated gingerbread houses and trains. It sounded like a good idea, but it turned into one of the biggest messes I have ever cleaned up, and that is saying a lot. Surprisingly pre-teen boys aren't so good at building gingerbread houses. Ammon was a disaster there was stuff every where. However the kids had a blast and it was very festive. We tried to do all of the traditions that we usually do with all our family back in AZ. With the Hawkins we usually decorate the houses together as families. For dinner I served Pizza Fondue, which is what my family always has on Christmas Eve.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

it's all darling AL! holy crud though, messy . i can just imagine. but what a very fun tradition you have.

Tiffany said...

you are a nice Mom and very brave. Looks like lots of fun!

Kira said...

You are brave to do that! It's always messy at the Hawkins there's just more adults to help clean up. That would be no fun by yourself. I can't believe how much Emma has grown. She's beautiful. We are sooooo excited to see you guys in just a few weeks. My kids ask me everyday when we get to go and are excited to see your kids!!

marshall and chelsea said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Marshall, Jack and I want to come visit you guys sometime this coming fall! We want to see you and Seatle! And I'm sorry about you having to speak in Relief society. I hate doing things like that! Whenever we move into a new ward I bare my testimony and hope that counts as giving a talk and they won't ask me to... It hasn't really worked yet.

Tam said...

Darling Ali!
We love and miss you guys like crazy!
Thank heaven's we have Disneyland to look forward to!
Lots of love from all of ours to yours!
Belnaps