Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday

Today we started church at 9:00 a.m. it was fabulous. I love going early and coming home and being able to take a nap. My relief society President was teaching today and called me last night to ask if i could give a few thoughts/testimony on families. I said that I would. Any one who knows me knows it is my biggest fear to speak in front of people. I was worrying about it all morning i did not know what I was going to say. I was shaking in my chair. When it was my turn I got up and held on to the podium so you couldn't tell I was shaking, well it is a collapsible kind and I proceeded to knock it over. After that embarrassment, I cried through the whole thing. I have know idea what I said. To finish off when i was finished I tripped over a cord on the way back to my seat. I am such a spectacle. Needless to say I did not get over my fear of speaking. In fact it may have made it worse. I came home to tell Chase, he thought it was funny and a great way to get out of many speaking, teaching positions.

5 comments:

emilyandkris said...

oh man!! but I'm sure your words were beautiful you have such a great testimony

Amy said...

Ali-
I am so sorry! I am sure that you looked beatiful and remained composed through it all. I know that doesn't make it less embarassing though... We love and miss you.

Jenna said...

Ali we are too much alike! When I speak in church I purposly wear long skirts so the Bishop won't notice my legs shaking. That is sad. But I'm sure no one really cared. If I saw it I wouldn't think that much of it. That's one thing I want to conquer...... Public speaking! How was Christmas?miss u.

Tiffany said...

I know how you feel. I think I am the same way. I am sure you did great. You are Awesome!

Ali said...

Girl, I SO feel your pain! Besides the tripping and knocking of the podium, that was pretty much verbatim my feelings about when I was asked to teach or share thoughts in RS here in this ward when I was new. It was awful! But the good news is, it's over!

Your sweet baby girl is SO cute!