Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dinner at Nanny's




Tonight we went to Nanny and Papa's house for dinner.When we were getting ready to go, we sent the kids out back to clean up the yard.We heard a huge scream, and the older kids came in screaming and upset.Ben and Gid were on the grates that cover the basement fire escapes and they are old and rusty and it gave out and Ben fell all the way down to the bottom and Gidoen who is as strong as an ox caught himself and was hanging from the ladder.It was very scary! I thought Bens legs were going to be broken or something like that. We laid him in the grass and he was screaming and we looked him over and he seems to be okay. He has a few scrapes and he broke his front tooth and his gums are really sore and bloody.We are really lucky! I am sure he is going to feel really sore in the morning but I am thankful he is all right.I am also thankful that Gid caught himself because if he had fallen on top of Ben it could have been really bad for both of them.We took Ben in and gave him a bath to clean him up and he was still crying and he said "I'm not going to be able to whistle" I thought that was a little funny that he was worrying about that.Then Giddy came in with the sweetest little two year old voice asking "Is Benny okay?" he was so worried about his friend and brother Beans. It made me want to cry.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

poor guy! that is so sad! hope he feels ok tomorrow! totally NOT FUN!

Sarah Hawkins said...

I am glad we left! So sad about Ben and Gid! I told Brady the story and he couldn't stop laughing about Gideon hanging onto the ladder!