Monday, May 19, 2008

Simeon's First Grade Graduation

Tonight we had the first grade program I was debating going, but decided to put the little ones to bed, and have little Chase babysit so Sim could participate.During the performance Sim gets up to do a speaking part, which he never informed me about,good thing we decided to go.Sim is never one to tell you much. You just find things out as you go along. It was a very sweet and touching program.I think that is the first time I went to a school function and thought it was touching.Simeon's first grade teacher was Mrs. Kurcharski, it was her first year teaching and she cried and got emotional and thanked us for sharing our children with her, it was really cute.

Ms. Kurcharski asked the kids some questions and here is what Sim said:
What is your favorite fruit? Pineapple
What is your favorite lunch? Pizza and fruit
What is your favorite color? Blue
What is your favorite animal? dog
What is your favorite t.v. show? Arthur
What is your favorite sport? Football
I would give myself a prize for: playing football
favorite book is: The Secret Of Droon
Favorite activity: time line
Favorite day of the week: Friday


This is Sim's best friend Trevor Maxwell. They have been lucky enough to be in the same class two years in a row. They are also in our ward and they love to get together and have movie nights. Sim is going to miss him.


Ms. Kurcharski handed out a laminated poem with a picture of her with each child separately.this is the poem: This Hand I Hold

This hand I hold I touch it now for all eternity and the knowledge that I share I give from me to you. In hope that all you do and say reflects the lessons learned, and all the awards that you receive are ones that you have earned. I am your present teacher and your true friend But when the year is over my thoughts of you won't end. For in my dearest memory forever you will be, and when you go I hope that you will take a part of me This hand I hold I touch it now for all eternity, and the knowledge that I share I give from me to you.


I have some really cute video of the program but I can't get them uploaded. I will try later.

5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

it sounds darling! what a sweet teacher. glad you went. and gosh i got teary just reading about it. i'm such a boob.

Sarah Hawkins said...

Gotta Love Sim!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Ya, how funny is that! I love it!

Jenna said...

He is so old now......that is sad!!!

Sabrina said...

Hey Alli. It's Sabrina. Found you through Beth Pugmire's blog. It was good talking to you. You're kids are amazing and you are the SuperMom I hope to one day be.